iOS vs OSX subscription

Generative Studio (Music, MIDI, Cut-Up)
ltf3
Gold

iOS vs OSX subscription

Postby ltf3 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:38 am

Hi

I was just about to post about what fun I had last weekend running my Wotja / iPad through Cubase on a Mac desktop ( via Music IO and USB ) . So much less friction from MIDI routing ... (I really want iOS Wotja to streamline this).

Anyway, today I read that the OSX version of Wotja has suddenly grown up ...

Do we need separate subscriptions? Will there be a combo deal? A cross grade?

While the iPad would still be my 'fun' platform of choice, Wotja is still frustratingly fiddly to use on it ( please let me just send a track to a single MIDI channel with no program changes ! ). I got much more done on the desktop so perhaps I should beat a retreat to my trusty old Mac stuck in a closet!

BTW I do appreciate the regular updates that have come since the subscription model kicked in and I'm happy to subscribe. I'd just like some connectivity improvements soon!

Best

Lee

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: iOS vs OSX subscription

Postby imtim » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:54 am

Hi Lee

ltf3 wrote:I was just about to post about what fun I had last weekend running my Wotja / iPad through Cubase on a Mac desktop ( via Music IO and USB ) . So much less friction from MIDI routing ... (I really want iOS Wotja to streamline this).

Glad you are enjoying that! Let us know more on what you mean by the streamline comment.

ltf3 wrote:Anyway, today I read that the OSX version of Wotja has suddenly grown up ... Do we need separate subscriptions? Will there be a combo deal? A cross grade?

Apple do not tell developers who have purchased their apps, they don't provide a mechanism for cross platform combo deals and there are issues with bundles (which is probably one reason why Apple have moved to allowing subscriptions).

So, yes, they are different apps and separate purchases are necessary, should you want both. As part of our move to support subscriptions (some general reasons here: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/#faq-subs-or-nonsubs and https://intermorphic.com/wotja/#faq-subscriptions) we decided to price them as low as we could go so that they worked as single purchases or even together for people that wanted both. For a 6 month subscription Wotja iOS is presently $5 and Wotja macOS $14. Considering that Wotja represents the consolidation of 4 apps into one (and we are moving it forward, too!), we do feel that is extraordinarily good value. Alternatively, you could get the "annual" version(s) and that might suit some people. Or, even some combined approach. :)

ltf3 wrote:While the iPad would still be my 'fun' platform of choice, Wotja is still frustratingly fiddly to use on it ( please let me just send a track to a single MIDI channel with no program changes ! ).

We might be able to look at a toggle for that later, but now, go to the Voice parameters and turn off "Send MIDI Patch/Bank". See: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/guide/#i ... e-rhythmic. Let us know if that helps!

More generally, we are always looking to improve Wotja and customer feedback can really help there. So, if there are ways you think we can improve Wotja, or things that get in your way, please do let us know via our contact form (that is best for that kind of feedback). https://intermorphic.com/help/#contact. We cannot promise to do all things that might get suggested, or even a timeframe, but unless we know of issues or suggestions etc. then we cannot address it!

ltf3 wrote:I got much more done on the desktop so perhaps I should beat a retreat to my trusty old Mac stuck in a closet!

Heads up: Wotja / Wotja 2017 for macOS presently requires 10.11 (simply as that was what 4.12 and earlier required). When we release the 2018 version that will require 10.12. So, I hope your Mac is not too old to support that!

ltf3 wrote:BTW I do appreciate the regular updates that have come since the subscription model kicked in and I'm happy to subscribe. I'd just like some connectivity improvements soon!

Glad you are enjoying the updates! Please get in touch with your suggestions as noted above!

Best

Tim

ltf3
Gold

Re: iOS vs OSX subscription

Postby ltf3 » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:00 pm

Thanks!

I'll keep posting about my points of friction in separate topics... starting with MIDI Program changes!

Return to “Wotja”