Wotja 5

Generative Music Creator, Mixer & Player System
Keith Weisshar
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Wotja 5

Post by Keith Weisshar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:24 pm

Will the subscription version of Wotja 5 be released at the same time as the non-subscription 2018 version? Why are there only two albums called Calm and Relax in Wotja 4? I upgraded from XT1 to XT2. Why does upgrading to XT2 start the subscription over and change the renewal date? I started the XT1 subscription on July 15, 2017 and upgraded to XT2 on December 30, 2017. I got a notice that the upgrade will begin now for XT2 and the remaining period for XT1 will be refunded on a prorated basis but when I see the purchase history I only see the full price of XT2 under Pending. How long does it take for the original subscription to be prorated? The new renewal date is now June 30, 2018 and the old renewal date was January 15, 2018. Could the battery explode and catch fire if I leave the charger plugged in during the extended music play time included with the XT tiers? When leaving charger plugged in the iPad still draws power from the battery while the iPad charger charges the battery at the same time.

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Wotja 5

Post by imtim » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:47 am

Hi Keith

Thanks for reaching out.
Keith Weisshar wrote:Will the subscription version of Wotja 5 be released at the same time as the non-subscription 2018 version?
Absolutely, yes :). Both will be released tomorrow, January 1st 2018. We hope you enjoy the new release and what we do with it in the coming year.
Keith Weisshar wrote:Why are there only two albums called Calm and Relax in Wotja 4?
Those two included "curated" albums were created completely from scratch a few years ago and were in our (now retired) Tiklbox app. The main reason we have not created any more is because we have been spending our time working on new features (e.g. automatic albums) to make it easier for people to create their own albums!

NB: We have also included in Wotja 5 three Demo albums, and these collate together some demos to make it easier to hear them.
Keith Weisshar wrote:Subscription pro-rating question ("I upgraded from XT1 to XT2.....").
Apple handle pro-rating of subscription "upgrades". See our FAQ here on that here:
https://intermorphic.com/help/#faq-pror ... n-purchase
Keith Weisshar wrote: Could the battery explode and catch fire if I leave the charger plugged in during the extended music play time included with the XT tiers? When leaving charger plugged in the iPad still draws power from the battery while the iPad charger charges the battery at the same time.
This is really a question for Apple. On a google search (there are many search results/links returned) I found the following thread on Apple forums: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3956276. It might give you some pointers or help you search further.

Hope the above helps,

tim

Keith Weisshar
Bronze

Post by Keith Weisshar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:11 am

Why does the extended music play time get expensive over a long term? I'm not a professional musician. I'm only using the app for private non-commercial use. I play through my Bose QuietComfort 35 headset which has a 20 hour battery life.
Last edited by Keith Weisshar on Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

imtim
Site Admin

Post by imtim » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:25 am

Hi Keith
Keith Weisshar wrote:Why is the extended music play time expensive over a long period of time? I'm not a professional musician. I'm only using the app for private non-commercial use.
We do not understand what you mean by "expensive".

You can get a version with 1 hour play time for $5/6 months or $10 for the Wotja 4 annual version with no-subscription (until close of play today that is as we move to Wotja 5 from tomorrow and the annual version is $15).

If you need to play live continuously for more than 1 hour then get an XT tier that gives you the time you need. Alternatively, make up to 1 hour recordings and play them in a play list (e.g. add them to your iTunes Library).

See also: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/#faq-xt-extensions, https://intermorphic.com/wotja/#faq-get ... ubs-annual and maybe even https://intermorphic.com/wotja/#faq-iap-review

Hoping the above helps,

atb

tim

Keith Weisshar
Bronze

Post by Keith Weisshar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:58 pm

Why can't I use family sharing with the subscription version of Wotja? Is family sharing only available for the annual non-subscription version?

Keith Weisshar
Bronze

Post by Keith Weisshar » Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:35 pm

Is there a way to disable the XT feature to save battery power so it will default to one hour when not connected to charger?

nick
Gold

Post by nick » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:15 am

Keith Weisshar wrote:Why can't I use family sharing with the subscription version of Wotja? Is family sharing only available for the annual non-subscription version?
I think that's an Apple limitation – family sharing doesn't work with IAPs (which is nuts), and I imagine it's the same with subscriptions (which is also nuts).

nick
Gold

Post by nick » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:25 am

Keith Weisshar wrote:Is there a way to disable the XT feature to save battery power so it will default to one hour when not connected to charger?
You could set the sleep timer to 60 minutes (top item under Mix in Settings and slide the bar all the way to the right).

imtim
Site Admin

Post by imtim » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:14 pm

Thanks for providing helpful answers Nick, appreciated!

Correct, Apple do not allow Family Sharing of IAPs. See Apple’s FAQ on this:
https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203046

--
What you can’t share:
• In-App purchases.
--

Also see Apple's page on Family Sharing:
https://www.apple.com/icloud/family-sharing/

Atb, tim

Keith Weisshar
Bronze

Post by Keith Weisshar » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:18 am

When I upgrade from XT1 to XT2, why does Apple automatically refund the days remaining for XT1 to the original payment method and charge the full amount of XT2 instead of simply charging the difference between the days remaining on XT1 and the full amount of XT2? I saw a prorated refund on my online credit card statement for the days remaining on the XT1 tier? The full amount of XT2 is pending.

imtim
Site Admin

Post by imtim » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:39 am

Hi Keith
Keith Weisshar wrote:When I upgrade from XT1 to XT2, why does Apple automatically refund the days remaining for XT1 to the original payment method and charge the full amount of XT2 instead of simply charging the difference between the days remaining on XT1 and the full amount of XT2? I saw a prorated refund on my online credit card statement for the days remaining on the XT1 tier? The full amount of XT2 is pending.
Here is what Apple say about how IAP tier "upgrades" and how they process them: "Upgrade. When a customer switches from a subscription in a lower level to a subscription in a higher level. The customer’s prorated amount from the prior in-app purchase is refunded to the original payment method. The new in-app purchase is charged and goes into effect immediately at the full price, which changes the customer’s renewal date to the upgrade date.

See: https://developer.apple.com/library/con ... ducts.html. Also see the other link we provided in an answer to the above.

I am not sure why the XT2 full amount is still pending but it is likely down to how quickly they process payments via different payment mechanisms. I know that sometimes if I purchase something through iTunes it can be processed within a day, but sometimes it is quite a few days. If you have concerns about the delay in payment processing, then you will need to contact Apple about that.

atb

tim