Wotja X

Generative Music Creator, Mixer & Player System
Keith Weisshar
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Wotja X

Post by Keith Weisshar » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:51 pm

Do I need to finish the original Wotja 5 subscription before switching to Wotja X? Why is there no edit link in Wotja X. I can only create albums but I can't delete it in the app. If I use local storage I can only delete it by deleting the whole app. Why won't the old XT 2 subscription work in Wotja X? I upgraded from XT1 to XT2 on January 30, 2018 and it expires on June 30, 2018. Does the XT tier cancel automatically once removed from sale or do I need to cancel it from Account Settings. Why am I able to purchase both the Monthly Unlocked and the Weekly Long Play subscription on the same iTunes account and the two subscriptions are listed separately in the iOS account settings? To cancel I have to cancel both subscriptions.

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Wotja X

Post by imtim » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:21 pm

Hi Keith

Thanks for the great questions and sorry we have not yet had a chance to add there to a FAQ (we will be doing that next week).
Keith Weisshar wrote:Do I need to finish the original Wotja 5 subscription before switching to Wotja X?
You can continue using Wotja just fine with your active XT2 subscription. When your XT2 subscription expires you will not be able to renew it, that is all. We are retaining the Wotja "Unlocked" subscription and that has now had its Music Play Time Timeout increased to 8 hours. The Unlocked subscription costs less than the XT1 subscription but is now equivalent. If you are happy with a maximum 8 hour play time, then at the point your XT2 subscription runs out just get the Unlocked subscription and save money at the same time. If you want more than 8 hour play time, then also get Wotja X and Wotja X "Long Play" subscription and play your mixes/albums in that.
Keith Weisshar wrote:Why is there no edit link in Wotja X. I can only create albums but I can't delete it in the app. If I use local storage I can only delete it by deleting the whole app.
There is no edit link yet in Wotja X as we have not yet added the editors. These will take many months to do. You can delete an album but it is done in a different way. Tap on the album name and from the pop up select "Delete". Once it has deleted you might need to press the top Action button and select "Refresh" (this refreshes the screen).
Keith Weisshar wrote:Why won't the old XT 2 subscription work in Wotja X?
Wotja X is a different app to Wotja, meaning a Wotja subscription does not work in Wotja X or vice versa. It is an app that we are working to give similar features to Wotja and that at that point (but not before then) we will be asking people to transition to it so that it can then become the new Wotja moving forwards. We have to do it this way because it is built in a different way and we have to do it one step at a time. To re-iterate, you can continue using Wotja for iOS/macOS just fine for now.
Keith Weisshar wrote:I upgraded from XT1 to XT2 on January 30, 2018 and it expires on June 30, 2018. Does the XT tier cancel automatically once removed from sale or do I need to cancel it from Account Settings.
All that happens is that the XT tier will not auto-renew when it expires on June 30th 2018.
Keith Weisshar wrote:Why am I able to purchase both the Monthly Unlocked and the Weekly Long Play subscription on the same iTunes account and the two subscriptions are listed separately in the iOS account settings? To cancel I have to cancel both subscriptions.
Both "subscription groups" (Features and Long Play) are independent. The Features: Unlocked subscription is monthly auto-renewing and unlocks the Features (this will become clearer as we add editors) as well as the default Music Play Time Timeout giving you up to 8 hours Music Play Time. The Long Play: Personal subscription is weekly auto-renewing and ALL IT DOES is disable the Music Play Time Timeout. If all you want to use Wotja X for is to create auto albums and play them for a long time, but you do not to edit (this will become clearer as we add editors) then that is all you need.

Hoping the above answers help!

atb

tim

Keith Weisshar
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Post by Keith Weisshar » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:59 pm

Why is Long Play personal $0.49 weekly rather than a $1.99 monthly? Why does Wotja X have a shorter subscription period than the original Wotja? Long Play also requires being plugged into charger due to the 10 hour battery life and if the battery runs out the music stops.

impete
Site Admin

Post by impete » Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi Keith,

Our thinking is that artists wanting to use Wotja for installations, are probably only going to need to have an active subscription for a week or two at a time; this route makes it cheaper for them to use, and they can dip in and out only when they really need it. So, this is a more flexible (and generally cheaper) approach than offering longer subscription periods.

Yes, clearly anybody wanting to play Wotja in an installation for several hours or days would have their device plugged-in to a charger!

Best wishes,

Pete

ltf3
Gold

Post by ltf3 » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:15 am

Hi

My last Wotja subscription was for 6 months on Feb 28 2018 for $4.99 US.

With Wotja X now having editors and being, at first blush much easier on the eye, what happens subscription wise? Do I cancel Wotja and re subscribe to Wotja X? Will I eventually be migrated to Wotja X ?

I note the $1.99 per month Wotja X is double the 2 x $4.99 Wotja annual payment, but since Wotja X is “cross platform “ will I get to use iOS and OSX versions with the one sub? That could be well worth it!

Signed

Confused

imtim
Site Admin

Post by imtim » Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:56 am

Hi
ltf3 wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:15 am
My last Wotja subscription was for 6 months on Feb 28 2018 for $4.99 US.
Thank you for your support!
ltf3 wrote:
With Wotja X now having editors and being, at first blush much easier on the eye, what happens subscription wise? Do I cancel Wotja and re subscribe to Wotja X? Will I eventually be migrated to Wotja X ?
See: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/#faq-unlocked-gone

We know this whole transition from a native Wotja UI to a cross-platform Wotja X UI is confusing (really sorry about that) but we are trying our hardest to make it a gradual managed migration.

Your current Wotja subscription will simply not auto-renew when it expires. If you wanted a Wotja X subscription instead, then you would just need to start one (see below though). Alternatively, purchase an annual version.

DONE: We have now added a new 1 month 'Unlocked' to the current Wotja apps for iOS/macOS for those that prefer to use that app for 1) accessibility reasons, 2) Apple Watch app. As it is a new subscription, it needs subscribing to (the old 6 month ones will still expire and not auto-renew).

ltf3 wrote:
I note the $1.99 per month Wotja X is double the 2 x $4.99 Wotja annual payment, but since Wotja X is “cross platform “ will I get to use iOS and OSX versions with the one sub? That could be well worth it!
We always try hard to 'listen to the market' and respond to it. Wotja is a deep/complex tool and we had mixed experience with subscriptions over the last year. The majority of our Wotja customer base seems to much prefer the annual version and are not keen on subscriptions - perhaps partly because they prefer outright purchase of such tools and they can then skip major versions if they want. As we still think subscriptions have a useful role to play (and are needed for Long Play) we chewed it over and decided it was time to flip how we viewed them and what they are for.

See: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/#faq-subscriptions

In-App Subscriptions are now for the following main use cases:
  • For low cost trial/evalation and/or to save/export edits you may make whilst using the app for free and then decide you want to keep. If you no longer want to use the app then simply cancel your subscription any time up to 24 hours prior to renewal.
  • For occasional use i.e. where you wish to dip in and out at times during the year. If you no longer want to use the app then simply cancel your subscription any time up to 24 hours prior to renewal.
  • Where you prefer to make regular monthly payments instead of a one-off payment (they are also a way for fans to pay a little more for the app over time and you will know that if you continue to subscribe for more than a year we will get a little bit more in terms of revenue). If you no longer want to use the app then simply cancel your subscription any time up to 24 hours prior to renewal.
  • To provide a mechanism to extend the Music Play Time Timeout for Long Play use.
  • To allow us to spend more time working for our existing customers rather than spending that time in trying to find new ones.
  • To keep us on our toes as you can cancel at any time.
The upshot of this change means that over the course of a year a monthly 'Unlocked' subscription will now cost more than the annual version. In tandem with that, however, we also reduced the price of the Desktop annual version from $39.99 to $29.99. So, previously with 2 x 6 month subscriptions the annual cost for both iOS and macOS versions would have been $37.96. Yes, it is true that the subscriptions have gone up to meet the use cases above, but to purchase both iOS and macOS annual versions is now down to $44.98 - in effect costing about 2 months of subs more - and you can altogether skip major versions or never purchase again if that is your wish (that is always your prerogative!).

Hope the above helps to explain it and the rationale behind the change.

Atb

tim

imtim
Site Admin

Post by imtim » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:54 am

A broad summary of the situation is that we will soon be at the point where the features/capabilities of 'new' UI 'Wotja X' are finally broadly similar to 'old' UI 'Wotja' (we now expect this to be by V5.4). Once we are there we have decided that in 2018 we will retain the current app branding/icons (Wotja/Wotja X) and will move both versions forward in tandem throughout the year. No paying customer will lose out as we transition to the new UI but for reasons of accruing familiarity with the new UI we suggest new customers purchase 'Wotja X'. All docs will be modified to use imagery from the new Wotja X UI which is very close to the old UI anyhow! From Jan 1st 2019 we will rebrand apps with the new UI from 'Wotja X' to 'Wotja' as that is the UI we will maintain and extend moving forwards across all platforms.

Note: Solely for customers that need Accessibility/Apple Watch options (which will not be in the new UI) then in 2019 we may decide to keep the 'old' UI iOS Wotja V5 apps available for sale (even though they will not then be further updated).

We KNOW this transition to the new UI is complex and hard to get one's head around, but we can assure you we have tried our hardest to keep the transition as simple as possible and done our absolute best to ensure that no paying customer loses out.

atb

tim