Save Custom Voices?

Generative Music Creator, Mixer & Player System
noxrules
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Save Custom Voices?

Post by noxrules » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:31 pm

Hi! I have created several different voices I love by editing a pre-set one. I can not figure out how to save a new voice so it will be in my Templates> Saved Files. I apologize for having to ask this! I have searched the forum and user guide and youtube but perhaps I am using the wrong words in my searching.

I am on the full Wotja paid version (both desktop and OS) I can rename the file "Voice Name" but I can not figure out how to save it as a template for future (and faster) mix creations.

Thanks so much for any assistance with this. Been playing around with Wotja for a year but now I am diving deeper! Love the app!

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Save Custom Voices?

Post by imtim » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:17 pm

Hi noxrules
noxrules wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:31 pm
Hi! I have created several different voices I love by editing a pre-set one. I can not figure out how to save a new voice so it will be in my Templates> Saved Files. I apologize for having to ask this! I have searched the forum and user guide and youtube but perhaps I am using the wrong words in my searching.

I am on the full Wotja paid version (both desktop and OS) I can rename the file "Voice Name" but I can not figure out how to save it as a template for future (and faster) mix creations.
First, thanks for being a customer and we hope you enjoy how we are moving things forward. Secondly, sorry if this is not clear! We will try to figure out where to make it clearer and maybe do a FAQ. In the interim, all you need to do is to EXPORT the contents of your Content Cell (assuming that you have one with just the voice(s) you want to be in a template) to a File. See: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/guide/#pro-mix and then the Toolbox menu and select Export to File.
noxrules wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:31 pm
Thanks so much for any assistance with this. Been playing around with Wotja for a year but now I am diving deeper! Love the app!
Thanks for the kind words, they mean a lot to us!

Hope the above helps,

atb

tim

noxrules

Post by noxrules » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:17 am

Ah! "Toolbox Menu" got it. Did it. Thank you!

As I am diving even deeper into creating voices I love another issue I am having it I am not hearing patch changes... Attaching photo.

I began with IME Voice Name: Guitar_12-String...which has a Default Patch: 001-Acoustic Grand Piano

Changing patch makes no change in voice sound. I have changed no other defaults. Perhaps I need to? Thank you again, in advance.
image1.png
image1.png (84.99 KiB) Viewed 72 times

nick
Gold

Post by nick » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:06 pm

Yes, the Patch parameter only affects the MIDI patch sent out to other apps, not the IME voice used in the app itself.

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Post by imtim » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:37 pm

Thanks Nick!