Double tracking effect

pocket-sized 4 track music music recorder
D28boy
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Double tracking effect

Postby D28boy » Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:39 pm

Does anyone know if you can get a double tracking effect on the Micro. I'm wanting to use this with the onboard mic for vocals

GeneralAldo
Bronze

Re: Double tracking effect

Postby GeneralAldo » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:59 pm

A late reply to your question, but after recording a mono track, play your track to confirm it was recorded, (tip:press stop and while keeping stop button pressed press rewind to quickly rewind) then press exit to back out of the screen,press utility...select(press) TRK(track)..select CPY(copy) select destination location.For example the default isTR1>TR1....if you recorded on track # 1 move underscore with cursor (short line under the first TR1) and move u to the second TR1 and when your underscore is there,You can change the track number by using the VALUE controls .press TIM(time)..... you will see St 00:00:00-00.0 this is the start time screen.press next as you want the copying of your track to begin at the start.the next screen will look like this...EN 00:00:00-00.0 this is the end time screen.depending on the time of the track..you can put a little more time than you recorded to ensure your entire track is copied example: track is 3 minutes long set time to 4 minutes.The first pair of zeroes are hours, the second set are minutes, and the third set are seconds,the last 0 is for milli-seconds.
So using your cursor,move the underscore to the second set of 00's(the minutes) and use value controls to approximately 1 more minute than your recorded track time, And then set the last 0(milli-seconds) cursor to .8 which will give you an identical copy of your track set offset by .8 milli-seconds . This small time difference is of course what gives the fuller sound than one track by itself. The next step is the To 00:00:00-00.0 screen,I simply press next.Lastly you see repeat: x 1 press exe(execute) next screen copy ok? press yes,rewind and play!

D28boy
Bronze

Postby D28boy » Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:48 am

Well why didn't I think of that General? Thanx. It's easy when you take a different approach. Here was I looking for a setting without thinking about how that sound is achieved in the first place! :oops: Two things I learned from you thanx again.

GeneralAldo
Bronze

Postby GeneralAldo » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:42 pm

You are welcome D2, The truth is that while this device has enormous capabilities and as you know as well as I that the learning curve is quite steep in order to make use of the MBR´s capabilities.I have only managed to learn what I know so far by reading every bit of information written on by googling the problem or any youtube videos made in order to get my mind around the steps and procedures involved in getting a near profesional sound.I think this forum and the songcrafters ........................http://songcrafters.org/community/index.php?board=90.0

have been vital to me getting anywhere with my recordings.In my opinion the supplied manual only makes sense once you know how the machine works and is poorly written. Oh well at least we have forums like these.

Ciao,General Aldo :shock:

Return to “Boss Micro Br”