BR Wave Converter...

pocket-sized 4 track music music recorder
jakerock
Bronze
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

BR Wave Converter...

Postby jakerock » Thu May 05, 2011 6:40 am

I have a bunch of backed up stuff from my BR on my hard drive... In "BR format" of course.
I am guessing that there is no way to extract wav's from the BR format without first transferring them back to the BR...?
What a pain in the a$$! LOL. The BR is awesome except for when it isnt... :)

And! ....on a sidenote, where is the BR's successor? I thought for sure that a "do it all" 2nd generation BR would be out and about by now!
...f'ing Garageband to blame? Dang.

64Guitars
Silver
antispam_b: 2

Re: BR Wave Converter...

Postby 64Guitars » Thu May 05, 2011 9:18 pm

jakerock wrote:I have a bunch of backed up stuff from my BR on my hard drive... In "BR format" of course.
I am guessing that there is no way to extract wav's from the BR format without first transferring them back to the BR...?
What a pain in the a$$! LOL. The BR is awesome except for when it isnt... :)

There are a couple of ways to do it. The easiest is to download and install BR Explorer on your computer.

http://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/BRX/index.html

Then just browse to the folder containing your backup in BR Explorer and click the WAV button. It will launch BR Wave Converter and allow you to convert the files from your hard drive without using a BR. Of course, I'm assuming that BR Wave Converter is already installed on your computer. If it isn't, download it here and install it:

http://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/Software%20-%20Wave%20Converter.html

And! ....on a sidenote, where is the BR's successor? I thought for sure that a "do it all" 2nd generation BR would be out and about by now!
...f'ing Garageband to blame? Dang.

The BR-80 is expected to be available in July.

- 64 tracks
    - 8 channel playback
    - USB 2.0 (HiSpeed)
    - Supports SD/SDHC memory cards up to 32 GB
More info here: http://songcrafters.org/64guitars/BR/BR80.html

jakerock
Bronze

Postby jakerock » Thu May 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Ah!
An honor to have your help!
The info on yr site helped me decide to buy one of these in the first place.
That BR80 of course looks really great.

Much respect and thanks, Jake

Love_recording
Gold

Postby Love_recording » Wed May 11, 2011 1:12 pm

Thanks for the tip on the BR Explorer. I'll have to check it out.

Also for the preview of the next gen BR. But I'm surprised they're still packaging it with a minimalist hard/physical button user interface. it seems from reading these forums that the biggest problem users have with grasping its features is that everything is buried under multiple levels of navigating using just a few buttons to drill down to the feature. No one can possibly remember the steps to access each feature.

With the technology that exists today I'm surprised they didn't give it a touchscreen interface - like an iPod touch - and present menus that more easily guide users to each feature.

Anyway - this probably should be a whole new topic but I just wanted to respond to the image of the next generation unit.

jakerock
Bronze

Postby jakerock » Wed May 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Yeah....
Seems that these devices are going to be extinct soon... An Ipad is the same price and now runs stripped down versions of Garageband and ProToolz...
We are probably not that far from portable hardware that will run full versions of these apps. And I agree, a (multi) touch screen is probably alot faster and more intuitive than these cryptic little devices. Having said that, I am fairly good at key combinations and can really fly around the Micro BR. I actually LIKE learning curves to a certain extent, but this is not the future of computing!

I for one, like and would get good use out of the next gen BR. I guess I am a "target demographic", but have to admit, there is no way that I will ever buy one of these at the price point that is proposed.

Return to “Boss Micro Br”