Splittng songs

pocket-sized 4 track music music recorder
moo
antispam_b: 2

Splittng songs

Postby moo » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:46 pm

Great forum

just a basic question..... hopefully
Is it possible to split sections of one song out to separate new songs?

I use the micro br to record my band rehearsals as one long song and I'd like to split this up to make new indivual songs and edit/mix each individually.

I use 2 mics in the room connected into the stero line in, recording on tracks 1 and 2.

any help greatly apreciated.
thanks

jmccull1
Bronze

MP3 Splitting software

Postby jmccull1 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:26 pm

I use this program to split MP3 files. I had been creating a new song for each song, but sometimes didn't remember to reset the input level correctly, etc. Now I just let the recorder run, and edit it later. Now if I can only figure out how to use the V-Tracks and actually multitrack with the thing!

http://www.pistonsoft.com/

Django61
Bronze

Postby Django61 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:23 am

I am not sure how to do it on the BR (yet) but, I use Audacity. It's a free program.

I was wondering if you can connect 2 mics for recording in stereo.

Would you mind sharing what type of setup / cables you are using?

Thanks.

moo

Postby moo » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:27 am

Thanks for the tips on the software. I guess it is much easier to transfer to PC and then split up the tracks. But I'm still keen to know if it is possible to do on the micro br.

For Recording I use 2 shure sm58's and a simple cable that converts 2 xlr (standard mic input) to the little stereo jack. bought from a music/PA shop

plug it into the line in on the br.
pick LIN as the input
adjust the input level depending on how loud the band is playing
press tr1 and tr2 at the same time and then record. real easy

It automatically pans the tracks left and right on playback (but you can change that in the settings)

I sit the micro br on a chair and clamp the mic's on to the back of the chair about 30cm apart and point them at about 90d to each other.
Then I just move the chair around the room between songs to figure out the best spot. check the pic in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NOS_stereo_technique

sound qaulity and stereo result of recording is great. BR is the best little gadget I ever bought.[/img]

Bald Ego
Gold

Postby Bald Ego » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:52 pm

You can set the A/B positions and deal with that area separately. (copy, move, erase etc.)

Tright
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Re: MP3 Splitting software

Postby Tright » Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:32 am

jmccull1 wrote:I use this program to split MP3 files. I had been creating a new song for each song, but sometimes didn't remember to reset the input level correctly, etc. Now I just let the recorder run, and edit it later. Now if I can only figure out how to use the V-Tracks and actually multitrack with the thing!

pistonsoft

its a really good software

Return to “Boss Micro Br”