Reset All Random Settings

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
nick
Gold
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Reset All Random Settings

Postby nick » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Sorry, another small thing that was there before and I never thought to mention… The "Reset All Random Settings" has a chevron on it suggesting that there'll be a confirm dialogue or similar before it actually resets, but what it actually does is to reset everything the moment you hit it. Or rather not actually everything, because the selection of templates for randomisation is left intact – which is how I like it and how it probably should be, but if you were inserting a confirm dialogue you could take the opportunity to spell that out.

You may be able to infer from the above that I'm absolutely loving the instant album generation… (The trick with it, for anyone else coming to it fresh, is to go through all the templates and turn off all but your favourites.)

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Reset All Random Settings

Postby imtim » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi Nick

nick wrote:The "Reset All Random Settings" has a chevron on it suggesting that there'll be a confirm dialogue or similar before it actually resets, but what it actually does is to reset everything the moment you hit it. Or rather not actually everything, because the selection of templates for randomisation is left intact – which is how I like it and how it probably should be, but if you were inserting a confirm dialogue you could take the opportunity to spell that out.

Yes, we know we could make that a bit better and it is in the long list, so thanks for logging it - we appreciate all feedback!

nick wrote:You may be able to infer from the above that I'm absolutely loving the instant album generation…

So glad to hear that. We figured it would be fun, fast and useful. I use it all the time now, and love the icons and text, too.

nick wrote:The trick with it, for anyone else coming to it fresh, is to go through all the templates and turn off all but your favourites.

This is exactly right, and why we have toggles for content in Randomisation options :). Tip: If you create your own templates they are shown in the "Saved Files" pak and you can use the same technique there.

NB: We hope in due course to expand upon Randomisation options to allow complete "Schemes" where all randomisation settings, including templates, would be saved, making it really easy to create albums with a flavour that you want (e.g. pianos only, TTM only, 3 cells only, very slow tempo TTM pieces etc. etc.). Is this something you think you would find useful? I certainly would.... :)

nick
Gold
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

Postby nick » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:11 pm

imtim wrote:NB: We hope in due course to expand upon Randomisation options to allow complete "Schemes" where all randomisation settings, including templates, would be saved, making it really easy to create albums with a flavour that you want (e.g. pianos only, TTM only, 3 cells only, very slow tempo TTM pieces etc. etc.). Is this something you think you would find useful? I certainly would.... :)

You know, I actually had a sentence requesting precisely this in my post above, but deleted it as getting ahead of my day 1 explorations… But I would be all over that; one of the things that even the new demoes rather undersell is the sheer range of different kinds of musical genre and texture the IME/ISE are capable of, and the killer feature of the integrated app has been its attunability to each user's individual musical headspace. I hope it's ok to say I don't share you guys' particular taste for Enoesque plinking, so I always turn all those lovely TTM piano and vibe voices straight off – I personally lean much more towards Krautdrone (which I'm not sure is even a thing, or a word), and one of the first things I did with the new version was to create my own personal robot Mathias Grassow by turning off every template apart from Cosmic Bass 1 and generating an entire album off that one signature patch. The real power of this feature depends on users creating and refining their own templates, and I've only scratched the surface of that so far. But hey, it's only day 1.

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby imtim » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:37 pm

Hi Nick

Great you feel the same way about this possibility. I would say that wrt the sound choices we are just aiming for gentle ambient by default and certain sounds work better for melodies and some for drones. 8). But, once into the app you can select what you like to work with and that is the whole point of the toggles! Yes, Cosmic Bass 1 is fun...

atb

tim

Return to “Bug Reports”