Sandbox issue?

Tell us what doesn't work as it should
jneilnyc
Silver

Sandbox issue?

Postby jneilnyc » Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:51 am

Trying to run Noatikl and another app in OSX 10.8.5, but Noatikal keeps resetting the Aggrate Audio Device that is currently spanning my RME and a MOTU audio interfaces.

Dec 1 15:52:52 Music-MacPro.local sandboxd[278] ([276]): Noatikl(276) deny iokit-open com_motu_driver_PCIAudio_UC

I'm not sure why Noatikl even cares about audio (as opposed to MIDI) drivers, but right now I'm unable to use the App on this MacPro at all.

I searched for sandbox issues (both here and on motu.com), but didn't see any others...

Any suggestions?

jneilnyc
Silver

Re: Sandbox issue?

Postby jneilnyc » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:45 am

Aggregate

impete
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Postby impete » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi jneilnyc!

We've tracked-down an issue where if you have a *mono* Audio input device connected to your Mac, where it is configured via Audio MIDI Setup to be the default audio input device; Noatikl will crash. I don't know if this explains your problem? The workaround for now is simply to set your Mac to use e.g. the built-in default audio input device, which is two-channel ... we're planning to release a new version that fixes this problem in the coming weeks.

Best wishes,

Pete

jneilnyc
Silver

Postby jneilnyc » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:21 pm

Thanks. I'll take a look at that and see if it's related.

Meanwhile the symptom I was seeing was that Noatikl didn't crash, but it managed to reset the CoreAudio Aggregated Device (and the corresponding hardware devices) as soon as it launched, which of course affected any other software that was configured to use it for I/O.

Let me know if I can send you any logs or anything else that might help explain what is going on.

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi jneilnyc,

Yes, I noticed that comment from you, and it *really* perplexed me - I haven't got a clue how that could happen, as all that Noatikl is doing is query the available audio devices at start-up, so it can present them in the list of available devices...!

If there are any other CoreAudio experts who read this and have any bright ideas, please feel free to chip-in to the thread!

Best wishes,

Pete

jneilnyc
Silver

Postby jneilnyc » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:24 am

Just posting these here, in case they're of use...

Audio Components and the Application Sandbox
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac ... TS40012567
Audio Unit Host Sandboxing Guide
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac ... TS40013335

Can you just confirm that Noatikl *should* be sandbox aware/safe/functional etc in 10.8?

impete
Site Admin

Postby impete » Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:15 am

Hi!

Yes, Noatikl on the App Store is sandbox aware - that is a basic requirement for an app to get accepted to Apple's Mac App Store! :)

Best wishes,

Pete

Return to “Bug Reports”