is there a demo ?

Generative Music Composer
moonpotato
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

is there a demo ?

Postby moonpotato » Fri May 05, 2017 1:01 am

I downloaded the au plugin from the website for noatikl 3 and installed it for use in reaper.

however when i went to use it, i got a message pop up that i need to install it from the mac app store in order to use it, but, in order to do that, i have to pay $62 for it.. there is no option for a free version or demo ?
unfortunately, i just want to see if it works, and if i like it..

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: is there a demo ?

Postby imtim » Fri May 05, 2017 7:39 am

Hi

Thanks for your interest but I am not sure where you got the number of $62 from? Noatikl for macOS is presently USD $39.95. See: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1033021879

There is no demo version of Noatikl for macOS, sorry, and the Noatikl AU Plugin is free to use by customers who have purchased/installed Noatikl for macOS.

If you have an iOS device and want to give Noatikl a run through you could get and try Wotja for free. The reason for suggesting that is that, on iOS, Wotja is the future of Noatikl meaning it can do all and more that Noatikl for iOS could do.

Hope that helps!

Goleman

Postby Goleman » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:25 am

moonpotato wrote:I downloaded the au plugin from the website for noatikl 3 and installed it for use in reaper.

however when i went to use it, i got a message pop up that i need to install it from the mac app store in order to use it, but, in order to do that, i have to pay $62 for it.. there is no option for a free version or demo ?
unfortunately, i just want to see if it works, and if i like it..

There's no demo but it's well worth the $39.95. I doubt you'll regret buying it.

slipstick
Bronze

Postby slipstick » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:56 pm

Goleman wrote:There's no demo but it's well worth the $39.95. I doubt you'll regret buying it.

To be fair it is still a very interesting program and I use it fairly often.

But it is a little annoying knowing that all sorts of enhancements are being made, but not to the product I bought only to the new app Wotja, which isn't available for any platforms that I use.

I do understand the logic behind it. But I don't have to like it. I wouldn't buy Noatikl today.

Steve

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi Steve

Goleman wrote:There's no demo but it's well worth the $39.95. I doubt you'll regret buying it.

You might when you realise it is no longer being updated so it is effectively abandonware.

Although we are no longer adding new features to Noatikl 3 (these are now coming instead via iterations of Wotja), that is not the same as saying Noatikl is abandonware. Abandonware tends to mean software that has no path forward, i.e. it is abandoned. There IS a path forward for both Noatikl files and Noatikl users, and that is Wotja. Just think of Wotja 4 (https://intermorphic.com/wotja) as being Noatikl 4 (i.e. Noatikl with a new name and new capabilities :)).

To be fair it is still a very interesting program and I use it fairly often.

Cool!

But it is a little annoying knowing that all sorts of enhancements are being made, but not to the product I bought only to the new app Wotja, which isn't available for any platforms that I use.

Again, you can think of Wotja 4 as Noatikl 4/Mixtikl 8/Liptikl 3/Tiklbox 3 all in one, and it being a paid upgrade for Noatikl 3/Mixtikl 7/Liptikl 2.

That said, we totally get your point about Wotja (as a Generative Music Authoring System) to date only being available for iOS. We had to stage it this way simply as we just could not do everything at once - Wotja is a huge project for us.

The good news is that we are now working on Wotja for macOS (as Generative Music Authoring System as opposed to just a Lyric Generator c.f. Liptikl). We expect to be able to release that early next year. We want to do a Windows version, too, but have no idea yet when that will be, but hopefully next year some time.

I do understand the logic behind it. But I don't have to like it. I wouldn't buy Noatikl today.

Sure, and we understand if some have that view, but the consolidation of all our apps into Wotja was the only way we could find that allowed us to continue to develop and extend features and capabilities.

Noatikl 3 is not expensive, it is still a great and unique app and it should continue to work just fine unless/until some OS update changes mean that things get broken (we have really only come across this once in a meaningful way).

Noatikl files you create with Noatikl 3 will be able to be used in the desktop version(s) of Wotja when those are released , and can already be used in the mobile versions of course.

Hope that helps a little and we again thank you for your interest in our apps!

NB: I realised I originally edited your post by mistake, but I think I have now put it back as it was. Doh!

slipstick
Bronze

Postby slipstick » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Thanks for understanding Tim. But I may get to Wotja earlier than I thought because a friend is talking about upgrading her IPad (apparently a 10.5" Pro screen is so much better than a tiny old 9.7"). Although I have a general antipathy for Apple I may just end up with her "old" IPad Air 2. I quite fancy a take-anywhere music system and there seem to be a lot more interesting music making apps for IOS than Android. If I do give in Wotja will be towards the top of the app list.

Steve

imtim
Site Admin

Postby imtim » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:59 am

Hi Steve

Understood, and cool :). I think you will enjoy your iPad!

Atb, tim

Return to “Noatikl”