I have another couple of tips for you concerning how to use your own templates in Wotja and use for randomisation, and it can all be done on iOS device
. You will need to be using iCloud and have a Wotja iCloud Drive folder.
Basically, it involves creating/exporting files as templates, zipping them up, then using that zip in Wotja (and templates in such zips DO show up in the Settings > Random > Templates for Randomisation screen.
A) How to use your own Templates in a zip
1) Create a number of generative templates (each is a .noatikl file exported from a content cell)
2) Get an iOS app that allows you, on device, to create a zip file and copy it into Wotja.
NB: I got iZip - Zip Unzip Unrar Tool (https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/izip-zi ... 71331?mt=8
In this app what you do is
- Go to Document Browser option which accesses iCloud Drive, and the find the Wotja folder.
- Select a template file which is then copied across to the app (only one at a time unfortunately).
- Once you have all your want in the app go to the Files option and you will see an import folder (you can remove what you don't want in here).
- Then select the bottom "Zip" option and give your zip a name (e.g. testpak.zip).
- Select the created zip (e.g. testpak.zip) and then the bottm "Share" option and select "Copy to Wotja" from the pop up action sheet.
- When it is successfully copied into Wotja you will see a message "Zip file mounted! The contents of your zip file are now available to Wotja".
- If you go into the Settings > Random > Templates for Randomisation screen you will see this pak at the bottom and you can toggle it/its content items as you want.
3) Use the templates in Wotja (you may/may not need to restart it for the pak to be picked up)!
B) How to configure templates to be used as TTM templates (text to music)
One of the benefits of using TTM type templates is that they make it really ease to create new seed melodies. There are a lot of Randomisation options related to how you want those to work, too, and those parameters reward experimentation. See: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/guide/#i ... tterns-ttm
Also, when creating random mixes, there are some specialist settings that apply to them, too. See https://intermorphic.com/wotja/guide/#s ... domization
and in the General/Mix section refer to the TTM Cells/Column and TTM Words settings.
Remember that TTM templates are full fat .noatikl files set up just to make melodies so they can use any sounds/fx etc. you want, and use Following Voices, Chording etc. - you can make them as complex as you want!
For any .noatikl file template you want to be used as TTM template then first of all ensure the following:
- set Voice Type to Pattern
Text to Music:
- set Text to something other than empty
- set Enabled? to on.
- and whatever you want for the other properties
1) Preface them with TTM (must be capitals, e.g.TTM-fred.noatikl) or;
2) Use TTM in the zip pak name if all templates in it are to be treated as TTM templates (e.g. TTM-mypak.zip)
When you copy this zip into Wotja, as above, they will be treated as TTM templates. One fun extra thing there is that every time a TTM template is randomly added to a mix the text in the TTM field will be randomised, too, meaning a new seed melody each time.
I think I will add all the above to a FAQ
Hope you have fun, atb, tim