How to go from MIxtikl mix to score (android)

Generative Music Mixer
davedoom
antispam_a: cole
antispam_b: 9

How to go from MIxtikl mix to score (android)

Post by davedoom » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:27 pm

Hello, how can I output a mixtikl mix to a score so it can be performed by live musicians? Can this be done with the android app? Is there a pathway you'd recommend? Other avenues or versions of intermoprhic stuff that can do this?

I'm considering hiring a transcriber to just listen to recorded mixes and do it by hand as well.

Thank you!!

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: How to go from MIxtikl mix to score (android)

Post by imtim » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:12 am

Hi Dave

Thanks for the question and I guess this means you are finding Mixtikl helpful!
davedoom wrote:Hello, how can I output a mixtikl mix to a score so it can be performed by live musicians? Can this be done with the android app? Is there a pathway you'd recommend? Other avenues or versions of intermoprhic stuff that can do this?
Right now, there is no way to use MIDI (either MIDI out or record it) with Mixtikl for Android. However.... there are some options depending what hardware you have and how soon you need to do it.
1) Mixtikl for iOS/macOS did support MIDI out, but those are now no longer for sale; the evolution for them being Wotja for iOS/macOS (see Wotja, below).
2) Mixtikl for Windows (still available) DOES allow MIDI out so you could capture/record that audio in DAW (https://intermorphic.com/mixtikl)
3) Wotja (subs version) / Wotja 2018 (annual version) for iOS/macOS (both available) do support MIDI out AND MIDI mixdown recording (i.e. to a MIDI file) [the subscription version requires an active subscription for mixdown recording]. The reason I mention this is that Wotja can open/play Mixtikl files..... (https://intermorphic.com/wotja)
4) Wotja X is a new cross platform app we are working on and there is already a version for Android (Wotja X 2018 AZ). In due course it will be able to play Mixtikl files (just like Wotja) and we hope to be able give it the ability to make MIDI mixdown recordings - but we are not there yet and cannot give an ETA. It might be sooner or later.... (https://intermorphic.com/wotja/x)

So, it really all depends what hardware you have. If you have access to a Windows 10 machine, get Mixtikl for Windows (2 above). If you have access to an iOS/macOS device and/or need to do this ASAP and so could get/borrow one, I would suggest getting Wotja/Wotja 2018 (3 above). If your requirement is not urgent, then you might wish to wait for Wotja X for android to support MIDI recording (4 above), that also being because Wotja X is the future for Mixtikl on Android.
davedoom wrote: I'm considering hiring a transcriber to just listen to recorded mixes and do it by hand as well.
I hope the above will indicate that should not be necessary, unless you prefer that route!

Hope the above helps,

Tim