Wotja Questions - a bit confused.

Generative Music Creator, Mixer & Player System
spidergod
Platinum

Wotja Questions - a bit confused.

Post by spidergod » Sat May 12, 2018 9:12 pm

Hello

Just have a 2 or 3 questions about wotja, I have got myself confused :)

1) The Album creation, can you edit these songs in the mix section at all?, also can you export these songs to .wav files? I cannot find a way of doing this anywhere.

2) Noatikl files - this bit got me confused when reading the guide, how do you get noatikl files to be used as templates? I know I can open them in the mix section, but I can see that you can also use them as templates but unsure how to do this properly on the windows version.

3) The Mix Section and Cells, do the cells play in sequence or all together?, this is also confusing me.

thanks

imtim
Site Admin
antispam_b: 2

Re: Wotja Questions - a bit confused.

Post by imtim » Sun May 13, 2018 8:39 am

Hi
spidergod wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 9:12 pm
Just have a 2 or 3 questions about wotja, I have got myself confused :)
No worries....
spidergod wrote:
1) The Album creation, can you edit these songs in the mix section at all?, also can you export these songs to .wav files? I cannot find a way of doing this anywhere.
Yes. At the moment you cannot edit in situ (i.e. from in the album). You first have to export the mix you want to edit. To do that, tap the Cog to the right of the file and select "Export to File.
spidergod wrote:
2) Noatikl files - this bit got me confused when reading the guide, how do you get noatikl files to be used as templates? I know I can open them in the mix section, but I can see that you can also use them as templates but unsure how to do this properly on the windows version.
See: https://intermorphic.com/wotja/guide/#f ... -templates
spidergod wrote:
3) The Mix Section and Cells, do the cells play in sequence or all together?, this is also confusing me.
How the Cells play is governed by the Track Rule set for each Track (in the Mix Mode screen). See https://intermorphic.com/wotja/guide/#e ... k-controls.

Hope that helps!

atb

tim

spidergod
Platinum

Re: Wotja Questions - a bit confused.

Post by spidergod » Sun May 13, 2018 9:38 am

Hello and thanks for that.

I have come across something strange when exporting midi.

I have a noatikl file which has 7 midi channels assigned, I have opened this in wotja and it all looks fine under the mix section and plays as expected in wotja, yet exporting the midi file only has 1 midi channel with all the information.

When playing the file in wotja and using ableton I can see all 7 midi channels being triggered (on a midi track in ableton you can click on channel drop down box and shows midi channels 1 to 16, when wotja is playing channels 1 to 7 are showing activity).

Any ideas?

Thanks